A few years ago, my mom brought us this magical cheese dip with a bag of Bugles. My first thought was, “Bugles? I don’t think I’ve ever eaten Bugles in my life!” But that dip turned out to be the real surprise – so good! I got the recipe from my mom and was really surprised to see how super simple it is; basically just jarred cheese, cream cheese, and a few additional touches.
Since being introduced to Bugle Dip, our family has switched to pretzels as the dipping medium of choice, and altered the original recipe some. We love to dip pretzels, Fritos, crackers!
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 jar Kraft Old English Cheese Spread
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped fine or to taste
- In a medium bowl or food processor, bring cream cheese to room temperature.
- Add remining ingredients and blend/process together until smooth.
- Adjust mayonnaise to dipping consistency and Worcestershire and onions to taste.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
- The original recipe calls for two blocks of cream cheese, but we prefer the Old English flavor to be a bit more obvious.
- Find Kraft Old English Cheese Spread near the shelf-stable cheese products. During the holidays it can be especially difficult to find so we always stock up earlier in the year.
- If you don’t have fresh onions on hand, a little onion powder substitute works great. Also awesome with no onions at all!
- Great with pretzels, Fritos, Bugles, celery, crackers, or just about anything dippable!
Whatever you choose to dip in Pretzel/Bugle Dip, I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you try it and how your family likes it.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends!